top of page

HCD Title Transfer

The Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) manages the titling and registration of mobile homes, manufactured homes, commercial modulars, floating homes, and truck campers in California.

Unlike "site" or "stick" built homes, mobile and manufactured homes are issued decal numbers, much like cars are issued license plates by the DMV:

HCD Decals.png

Therefore, just like your car registration doesn't transfer when you sell your house, mobile and manufactured home titles don't automatically transfer with the land. In fact, many owners of mobile/manufactured homes rent the land their home is on.

If you need help transferring the title of your mobile or manufactured home, Dingler Document Assistance can research your title and fill out the HCD forms.

bottom of page